Certificate in Te Reo Me Ona Tikanga / Te Reo Maori (Level 4)
Duration: 40 weeks, full-time
About the programme:
To increase the student's knowledge of Maori language, cultural issues and to develop fluency through activities designed to encourage communication in Maori.
- Given a course of study in the Te Kakano language programme the student will be able to communicate in Te Reo Maori to a basic level.
- Given a course of study in Te Pihinga language programme the students will be able to communicate fluently in Te Reo and begin to develop thought patterns in Te Reo Maori.
- Given guided research activities, assignments, and marae visits the student will be able to describe the principles of whanaungatanga, tikanga, kawa, pu-rakau and whakataniki.
- Assignments must be written in Maori.
- Given access to teaching programmes the students will be able to assess their own needs, abilities and skills, plan their career objectives which enable them to pursue a career in teaching.
- Domestic Student - A minimum of 16 years of age
- International Student refer to our international programme
For more information for this programme:
- Please contact or enquire to our main office.
Qualification and Certificate:
- Certificate in Te Reo Me Ona Tikanga / Te Reo Maori (Level 4)